Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

"Born to be Different" on again on Channel 4!!

(10 Posts)
geekgrrl Wed 03-Aug-05 20:42:00

Do you remember this programme? It was on two years ago, following 6 babies born with various disabilities for the first 18 months or so. It's on again on Tuesday at 9pm, following those children's lives. Here's the website for more information.

heartinthecountry Wed 03-Aug-05 21:06:34

This was on very shortly after dd was diagnosed and found it incredibly hard to watch but also comforting in some way that there was actually a TV documentary covering the very issues I was going through. Really interested to see how they are getting on. Thanks for alert!

Fio2 Wed 03-Aug-05 21:12:37

oh I cantwatch it, it was bad enough last time

Fio2 Wed 03-Aug-05 21:13:09

sorry didnt mean for that to sound so blunt!

heartinthecountry Wed 03-Aug-05 21:14:08

I did spend the entire time blubbing - but think I really needed to 'let it out' IYKWIM.

geekgrrl Wed 03-Aug-05 21:16:21

hitc - I started crying tonight just watching the trailer - like someone turned on a tap. It's just so close to the core, isn't it?

anniebear Wed 03-Aug-05 22:28:57

Yes, I too cried through it. Will probably cry through this one but I will probably watch it!!

Thanks

Merlot Thu 04-Aug-05 09:47:45

Oh, I dont think I can bring myself to watch this am just too emotionally raw.

chonky Thu 04-Aug-05 09:54:11

I really want to see it, but I'm not sure if I'm up to it yet, it's far too close to home.
It might be really cathartic to see it though <blub>.

I can't make my mind up.

I am really pleased that the documentaries have been made though, and think that the families are brave allowing the cameras to film them. It's so personal.

Fio2 Thu 04-Aug-05 12:39:21

I think the families are very brave too especially as there will be some comparrison even between the children who appear on the program. Not sure i could cope with it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now