Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Shameless boast alert

(9 Posts)
streakybacon Sun 02-Aug-09 07:47:36

Bear with me, I'm so proud I could burst grin.

Just wanted to let you know that ds (10, with AS) had his karate grading yesterday and is now a brown belt grin. This is testament to how much work he's been putting in lately, not only to his karate but in calming himself emotionally in general in the last few months. We started home educating last October and ds is making great all round progress.

Yesterday was a particular success for him as he performed with an injury, after hurting his back on the trampoline on
Friday. It was touch and go whether he'd make grading today but he was a little
trooper and got there in the end.

And guess what? He even accepted that if he couldn't grade yesterday it would be OK to wait till the next time - six months ago he'd have torn the house apart in frustration.

Sensei says he may even be ready for his next grading by November grin.

sadminster Sun 02-Aug-09 08:20:24

Well done ds! I love the shameless boasts on this forum grin

I HE too (I have an 8yo dd NT, 3yo ds (language delay ?ASD), and new baby) I've seen how well it can work with children with AS, they really blossom in confidence & maturity.

misscutandstick Sun 02-Aug-09 09:31:54

another convert to HE too, DS1 (ADHD+) really did well AFTER being taken out of school.

Fantastic news on a brilliant acheivement streaky!!! smile

flyingmum Sun 02-Aug-09 17:16:23

Well done. Brown belt is really far on isnt it so he must have really had to do well to grade. This week seems like its a good un for our kids!

Phoenix4725 Sun 02-Aug-09 17:32:08

well done you ds

moondog Sun 02-Aug-09 18:48:35

Fantastic!

wrinklytum Sun 02-Aug-09 20:51:45

Well done to ds.

streakybacon Mon 03-Aug-09 06:58:26

Thanks all for congrats [grim]. Ds is chuffed to bits that you're all so pleased for him.

streakybacon Mon 03-Aug-09 06:58:58

Of course, that should be grin. Dozy mare.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now