Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Dental treatment.

(5 Posts)
wrinklytum Sun 05-Jul-09 22:02:58

I only managed to get an nhs dentist for dd when she was 3.I have always brushed her teeth regularly and dentist said fine.Obv this may not always be the case and cos of the fuss she makes about brushing see the fututre being 1 big nightmare.Sedation or ga.How do you all deal with this?TIA.

sarah293 Mon 06-Jul-09 08:21:20

Message withdrawn

troutpout Mon 06-Jul-09 08:27:04

<<watches thread with interest>>

ds is 12...and is always so frightened of any dental work that he is rather over the top about brushing (overbrushes a lot). We have just about trained the dentist not to move the chair when dh is on it.

I always dread the day ds has to have any medical treatment tbh

madwomanintheattic Mon 06-Jul-09 08:58:59

dd2 sees our normal dentist, but if any work needs doing he refers her to the community team who are used to dealing with disability...

tbh if you know there is a likelihood of work, i'd get a referral and use the community dentist for check-ups too - otherwise when work actually needs doing you end up waiting 3 months at least just to get in the door, whereas any other (NT) kid would have already had the work done and forgotten about it whilst the sn kid's issues are being compounded by leaving it for longer.

(yes, we are going through this now - do i sound jaded?) grin

ask for a referral to the community dentist and stay on the books.

SirSupportman Mon 06-Jul-09 22:21:05

I am absolutly terrified of the dentist and have to be sedated to have anything done. From my point of view once they have injected the stuff I have no recollection of anything that has happened and 'wake up' in a different room from where I started.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now