Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

DLA Decisions

(5 Posts)
Glitterknickaz Tue 26-Aug-08 13:50:31

I know it's a how long is a piece of string, but has anyone applied/reapplied/needs have changed notified etc in the past couple of weeks and if so how long did it take to come through?

Thanks x

staryeyed Tue 26-Aug-08 14:19:27

Took 9 weeks for my last one. 2 weeks fo rthe first one.

misscutandstick Tue 26-Aug-08 14:32:39

our last ones came back about a month ago - 1 took 5wks (new claim) and the other 8wks (renewal). I was told at the time that it takes on average 6wks.

i was also told that if its a medical person (IE Doctor/consultant) they need to confirm details with then they can only write to then (which takes forever for the med person to respond), but if its a non-med person (IE HV/comunity nurse) they need to confirm details with, then they can phone them, chat, and it takes less time. HTH XXX

daisy5678 Tue 26-Aug-08 17:53:15

I think there's a bit of a backlog at the moment. We've had 5 different decisions in a year and some took 2 weeks to come through and some took a couple of months!

Very random - good luck to you - it's very hard waiting.

4little1s Sat 30-Aug-08 12:05:36

We are up to 5 weeks, got a letter this morning advising they were still working on it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now