Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Ds becoming increasingly angry and hurting himself and me

(3 Posts)
twinkletoedelephant Fri 01-Apr-16 09:09:59

Sorry turned into a bit of a rant... Very therapeutic though :-)

Ds2 has ASD over the last few weeks he has had more violent meltdowns where he claws pinch's grabs himself to hurt him (or me or his siblings)
He almost goes into a trance like state where he yells through gritted teeth that he is so mad. Whilst pinch scratching grabbing.
His ta has said he has needed much more sensory input from her at school - lots of pulls stretches patting etc. We both attended a workshop and ot will come and see him at some point but I struggle to deal with the as violent child he never use to shout and certainly would never have hit me :-(

He has a big sister who is waiting for an ASD assessment... She hits kicks throws things and seems to enjoy winding him and his brother up to see what happens. Other sibling has severed ADHD so his behaviour is very challenging as well (the boys share) :-(

My brother has severe LD and could be very violent to himself and me and sis if we were in the way (he moved to residential care when we were 13) i am worried his outbursts will become the same.

Coupled with the fact that we live in a council flat and can't get outside as much as they need (I can't drag oldest out shes too big and strong and she frequently refuses to leave house if its not somewhere she wants to go or its something the boys particularly wanted to do (was told by council that the consultants letters were not written strongly enough to qualify for a move)

Any suggestions where I can get help? I have tried everyone but no one gets back to me. Other parent at school seem to get loads of support including weekly visits and attend groups and things (need to be invited to attend)

I am at a loss to see what to do to make things better

zzzzz Fri 01-Apr-16 18:59:17

I think your housing does sound unsuitable for you all, so I would write to the Dr explaining the escalating situation and asking if there is any way they could write again on your behalf. Include a copy of the letter saying Drs letter wasn't enough.
Organise someone to sit with dd if she won't come out and take the boys. (If you aren't claiming DLA this is what it is for).
Take a deep breath and have a Google and find new things for them all to do. I find the best solution to inter-sibling tension is more to do.

Youarentkiddingme Fri 01-Apr-16 21:57:21

I would be asking for a stronger written letter! Sounds like they were guiding you to what you need to do in order for them to arrange a move.

I agree that finding someone to stay with DD so the boys get out is a good idea.

Could you ask for a careers assessment as sounds like you'd be entitled to some respite - you can show its affecting the whole family.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now