Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Help needed dyspraxic DS and scooters

(7 Posts)
KinkyDorito Sat 21-Nov-15 23:54:21

Hi all

DS needs a scooter for an event that is coming up. He is desperate to take part. He is 7 and very tall for his age. We've had little success with scooters in the past and just wondered if anyone else could recommend one that might be easier for him to manage.

WhoKnowsWhereTheTimeG0es Sun 22-Nov-15 00:06:29

Have you tried the Maxi micro? The three wheels make it a lot more stable than a normal 2 wheeler, my dyspraxic DS had one from about age 6 to 9 and then switched to a 2 wheeler without difficulty.

KinkyDorito Sun 22-Nov-15 09:34:42

These look great who, just gutted they are so expensive!

Reviews are all excellent.

Thanks for replying thanks.

LaughingHyena Sun 22-Nov-15 09:46:58

We had an iscoot. Similar design & steering to the micro maxi but a bit cheaper. I feel it shows in the quality though, the iscoot seems heavier and we have to tighten the bolts on the front every so often as it works loose.

They don't hold there value as the micro ones do, but on the up side that means we found a 2nd hand bargain.

Over on the Christmas board there have been a couple of sites posted selling the micro scooters at a good price.

LIZS Sun 22-Nov-15 09:54:55

ds managed on one of those Ozbozz ones

zzzzz Sun 22-Nov-15 15:41:54

We have a dirt scooter which is bigger and heavier but that seems to make it easier (it also looks VERY off road surfer dude cool which helps as we can't bike).

KinkyDorito Sun 22-Nov-15 16:56:04

thanks for all replies.

I'm going to try a maxi - managed to buy from a German site recommended on an old thread so should be a third cheaper with shipping too. Fingers crossed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now