Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

DLA - Anyone else waiting ?

(5 Posts)
DuploGiraffe Thu 04-Dec-14 14:18:43

I sent off DS's form on 1st October and had a receipt a couple of weeks later. I've had a letter today saying they have still not made a decision. I am really struggling as had to reduce my hours at work because of the number of appointments DS has. Anyone else waiting to hear ?

bjkmummy Thu 04-Dec-14 18:04:43

yes I sent mine and they got it on 24/9 and im still waiting

Tunna Thu 04-Dec-14 18:19:45

I sent mine at the end of October (Wolverhampton) and got a decision 3 weeks later, tax credits took only a week after informing them. I seem to be the exception rather than the rule however, I think it's a bit of a lottery of how long it takes, and whether they need to get supplementary information can add to the waiting times. Good luck smile

DuploGiraffe Fri 05-Dec-14 01:51:16

Thanks for replying. It does seen like a complete lottery then with how long you wait. Fingers crossed for a decision soon !

sarahcpt1 Sun 07-Dec-14 20:58:30

Hi,
I sent mine off , they received them on 3rd September and I got my award 2 weeks ago! It took ages. I also had no letters what so ever (not even a confirmation letter) and then out of the blue had a text saying my son had been awarded dla. Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now