Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

I need to find someone to assess DS in the Hampshire area? Can anyone recommend someone?

(3 Posts)
Meglet Mon 29-Oct-12 10:49:44

(this is the brief version and I'm posting on G&T and here to see if it overlaps and anyone can help with both sides)

I've had on going behavioural problems with almost 6yo DS since he was about 4 months old, several HV's and the school liason officer has seen him, none of their suggestions have worked so I still have huge problems getting him to behave at home.

He is lovely at school but still lashes out, throws things and bites me every day, I know all the tricks to get children to behave, but mine won't play ball so I am constantly on egg-shells with him. School have moved him up a year in maths and he is doing very well with everything else but they say his attention span isn't great.

I have no idea what I am doing wrong or what might be going on in his head, but I know we can't carry on like this as he will be uncontrollable when he's a teenager. School won't assess him as they say he's fine hmm. Money isn't really an object for paying privately as my mum has offered to pay as she agrees that something isn't quite right.


Iceflower Mon 29-Oct-12 12:13:45

Hi there, I think an EP assessment would be the first port of call. Take a look at this link for Hampshire Educational Psychology Service. Although it says to contact your school in the first instance, there is nothing to stop you contacting them direct smile to share your concerns.

You could also ask your GP for a referral to a paediatrician/CAHMS etc.

Meglet Mon 29-Oct-12 12:23:02

Thanks! Never thought about our GP <doh>. Will make an apt!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now