Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Anyone done VISION THERAPY?

(8 Posts)
mulranno Fri 12-Oct-12 00:06:25

My daughter has spld, vision probs (binocular instability) and behaviour problems - some one has suggested this type of therapy seems to be an IT based programme - as a cure! Ant thoughts? Experience?
Http://Www.tinsleyhouseclinic.co.uk/

Badvoc Fri 12-Oct-12 19:02:41

Check out the tinsley house support thread op....there are lots of us over three smile

Badvoc Fri 12-Oct-12 19:04:07

Sorry, to answer your question, yes I have with great success! smile

MissShellShocked Fri 12-Oct-12 19:26:02

yes tinsley house has an IT program to help with binocular instability and also other stuff to help with behaviour probs

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/special_needs/a1407629-Tinsley-House-Support-Thread

mulranno Sat 13-Oct-12 17:50:11

Does anywhere else sell/supply this software?

Badvoc Sat 13-Oct-12 18:00:48

Try visionexercises.co.uk.

GhostofMammaTJ Sat 13-Oct-12 20:08:11

I am considering it for my DS. He is six and has ptosis. The sight in his bad eye deteriorates and we have to patch it. Then it gets better, then we get told to stop the patching, then it gets bad again. This is because the two eyes have not been taught how to work together. I have spoken to a friend who takes her son to vision therapy and to the therapist they see. I have spoken to my sons Opthamologist and he is not convinced it is a good idea. I will probably give it a try in the new year.

mrsbaffled Sat 13-Oct-12 20:16:38

Yes, but with a behaviour optometrist, not TH.
Do it!!!! Best thing we ever did for DS. (Have a search through the mumsnet archives for our success story) x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now