Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

2nd Paed appointment coming up....

(3 Posts)
neverputasockinatoaster Fri 07-Oct-11 20:31:50

We were referred by our GP (lovely man!) due to concerns re behaviour of my DS ( he's nearly 7 and we suspect ASD and possible ADHD)

We had our first appointment in July and were sent away with a Connor's questionnaire and an SCQ form to fill in. These were also sent to school. We were also referred for a DISCO but the waiting list in our county is absolutely insane....

We have our second appointment coming up on Tuesday and I was wondering what to expect. I assume we will go through the responses and results of the Connor's etc? DH sneaked a peak and he seems to be quite high risk for ADHD (DS that is, not DH! Although i have my doubts!)

DS has been a lot better at home and school since we have started to use strategies recommended for children with Asbergers etc so we shall continue no matter what but I just wondered what to expect?

IndigoBell Fri 07-Oct-11 22:25:09

I think you can expect more of the same smile

If school and your Connors questionnaire both suggest ADHD you might get a dx of it. I'm not sure.

Or you can expect another appt in 6 months smile

Good luck either way.

lisad123 Fri 07-Oct-11 23:14:57

I would think they will go though paperwork to see if they have enough for a dx, then send you away of not. If dragging feet, and you feel you want a dx, push for it.
I would certainly write a list of his behaviours that concern you and maybe few examples.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now