Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.


(7 Posts)
MUM2TJ Sat 10-Sep-11 14:02:42

Does anybody know if there are any parenting courses available in the north east area for parents of children with speech and lang difficulties ?

MangoMonster Sat 10-Sep-11 14:29:49

This is a charity that might do courses or be able to help you further.

MUM2TJ Sat 10-Sep-11 14:48:05

thanx hopefully they have courses or info. my ds was diagnosed at 2 as having speech delay now hes turned 4 that diagnosis has been changed to sli and development delay. hes already recieving a lot of professional help and help at home but just want to see if if there is anymore I could be doing with him.

MangoMonster Sat 10-Sep-11 15:00:21

I'm sure there be some people on here who will have more advice.

lisad123 Sat 10-Sep-11 16:58:21

If u can find a hannen course they are wonderful.

Voidka Sat 10-Sep-11 17:45:53

yy to Hanen - either 'It takes two to talk' or 'More than words'. We did the later and it was the best thing we ever did for DS.

Voidka Sat 10-Sep-11 17:46:42

Even if you cant get on a course or they dont run in your area you can by the textbooks. They are ££££ but worth every penny.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now