Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

I just wondered if this would be of use to anyone else...

(15 Posts)
justaboutWILLfinishherthesis Thu 14-Jul-11 10:58:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

zzzzz Thu 14-Jul-11 11:31:06

grin

justaboutWILLfinishherthesis Thu 14-Jul-11 12:21:39

zzzzz Thu 14-Jul-11 12:48:04

Well my dear obviously it is good but, here is our bed time story extraordinaire. Ds is younger but he likes this one.

Long ago in a far off land there lived a King and Queen and their three beautiful daughters, the Princesses, and two handsome sons, the Princes. They were happy and jolly and they loved each other very much.

When the princes were very young a fairy cast a spell on one of the Princes. She stole his beautiful words and this made life very difficult sometimes.

When he wanted a drink, he couldn’t find the words to say “I need water”, when he was hurt he couldn’t find the words to say “my knee hurts” and worst of all he found it hard to join in with his brothers and sisters and with his friends because sometimes they didn’t understand that he wanted to.

Luckily he had brothers and sisters and friends and teachers who loved him very much. He tried and tried and tried to find his words again. He practiced and practiced and soon the words started to come back. At first he made some mistakes, he said “no” when he meant “yes”, he called people “girls” when they were boys and the other way round. It was still very difficult but he kept on going because he was above all a brave little Prince.

One day the King and Queen took the Princes to the bike shops and bought one little Prince a bell for his bike. However hard he tried the other little Prince could not find the words to say “I want a bell too”.

But, do you know he didn’t give up. He showed the bell to the Queen every day. He sat on his bike every day said “Oh dear” and got off again....and one day the Queen understood. She rushed to the King and they jumped in the car and drove as fast as they could to the bike shop to buy a bell.

Everyone way very happy.

The King was happy because he had fixed everything.

The Prince was happy because he had his bell.

His brother was happy because now they could ride bikes again together.

The Princesses were happy because they loved driving fast.

But the Queen was happiest of all, because the Prince was trying so hard to talk that he was finding his word again and soon, very soon he would be able to tell them all the things he was thinking.

Long ago in a far off land there lived a King, a Queen, and their five children, and they were happy and jolly and they loved each other very much.

blush

blueShark Thu 14-Jul-11 12:54:54

excellent work both of you! grin

justaboutWILLfinishherthesis Thu 14-Jul-11 13:38:28

zzzzz Thu 14-Jul-11 17:29:43

Thank you justa and blueshark, I am cringeing slightly at having posted this....The "real" book has lots of pictures so I had to cut and paste it in here....blush....Obviously the typos are just for effect wink.

signandsmile Thu 14-Jul-11 17:57:11

oh, that's so lovely! a real ahhhhh moment, grin

We have stories about all the bears and how they share their (Nintendo) DS's and play nicely.... blush

justaboutWILLfinishherthesis Thu 14-Jul-11 22:51:53

zzzzz Thu 14-Jul-11 23:20:13

Come on signandsmile we want to hear about the techno bears. grin

coff33pot Fri 15-Jul-11 13:04:24

These stories are great! grin

Techno Bears sounds interesting too!

Today I need a story about why my DS cant bash his new accoustic guitar on the floor because Jimmi Hendrix did it on a video please grin

SummerRain Fri 15-Jul-11 13:08:44

zzzzzz.... your's made me cry blush

(orally dyspraxic ds2)

drivemecrazy63 Fri 15-Jul-11 14:42:57

I loved that one zzzzz I may use that one

zzzzz Fri 15-Jul-11 19:33:41

Summer the pathetic thing is it makes me cry too blush and I wrote the idiotic thing. It made a huge and positive impact on ds, who really got it, and told everyone Mummy is the Queen and I am the Prince for weeks grin.

Drivemecrazy, you are to plagiarize to your hearts content, ours has photos of the kids in fancy dress in the spaces.

We will of course need ELF costumes now wink.

silverfrog Fri 15-Jul-11 20:11:57

these are really lovely smile

we tell the dds a story about "two little girls" at bedtime. we originally started it on holiday a few years ago, and it was the story of the next day - two little girls got up, and went to X, which was a bit different because they were on holiday, and they saw Y etc - to help dd1 prepare for each day being different and fast-paced etc.

once we were back home, she still wanted us to tell the story, but over time she evolved it into what she (and by extension, dd1) had done that day.

gave us a brilliant opportunity ot work on time relativity/past and future tenses etc grin

and, now that both girls are at school, I also get to her about what they have done in the day, as they give me a full rundown when we do "two little girls".

it is lovely to hear what has been important to dd1 (and dd2), and what she remembers most abotu her day (she started out small, only adding on a word or two, but now will tell most of the story, with strategic prompts/questions form me/dh).

and of course, if we do have a difficult day, where there is somethign that needs to be talked through, w have the mechanism there already, and can talk it thorugh using the two little girls/their schools/their parents/whatever as role models

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now