Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Is there a travel cot to fit a 3 year old?

(8 Posts)
zen1 Sat 02-Jul-11 23:47:34

Just thought I'd ask if anyone knew of any makes of travel cot that were larger than usual? DS is the size of a 3 year old and when we go away he definately still needs to be in a cot (he could not be left, even on a mattress on the floor). Any ideas?
Thanks

silverfrog Sun 03-Jul-11 10:08:40

I had this issue when dd1 was younger, and someone on here suggested the following:

the babydan playpen (we had the solid, metal one - not sure if the travel set works in the same way) which can be folded to various shape configurations can be used as a surround for a cot mattress.

obviously this requires quite a lot of space in the car - the babydan folds down to a single panel size, so is bulky, and taking your own cot mattress etc. but it worked ofr us for a little while, while dd1 still needed to be in a travel cot.

hth

zen1 Sun 03-Jul-11 10:59:08

Thank you silverfrog. I will check them out on ebay!

StillinMyPJs Sun 03-Jul-11 12:44:56

Hello again zen1! I hope all is going well.

When I struggled to fit 18kg, 2 year old ds into a travel cot i ended up buying this
It comes with a really thin mattress that is fine for short breaks. It would be great if you could find something on ebay because it's quite expensive.

He still fits into the cot now and he is easily the size of a large three year old.

clg2000 Sun 03-Jul-11 17:26:41

HIya weve got a cosatto one that we got from mothercare last year. Its the same length as a cot and can fit a cot matress inside as well may be worth a look smile

1980Sport Sun 03-Jul-11 19:32:52

Hi Zen - we have one like the baby dan but I think it's a different make. DS 2.5 fits in it with plenty of room, I'll check the make and let you know - it's at the PILs house at the mo! We bought a proper mattress for it and when we take it away we fold the mattress in two and tape it up so it's less bulky to carry! The things you do eh smile

1980Sport Sun 03-Jul-11 20:46:51

It's a Brevi

zen1 Sun 03-Jul-11 22:29:19

Hi StillinMyPJs, how are you doing? I was watching that very cot on ebay, but lost the auction, so I'm waiting to see how a bid I put in on the Cosatto one recommended by clg2000 (thanks clg smile) goes! I think it's got the same dimensions as the Babydan one.

1980, I really wanted a Brevi one as I'd heard they went up to 4 years, but you don't seem to be able to get them anywhere in the UK at the moment! There's a lovely one on ebay but miles away from where I live, unfortunately.
Thanks for checking though smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now