Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

childcare, afterschool, help in south belfast

(5 Posts)
Calally Thu 02-Jun-11 17:24:05

really struggling to find somewhere for ds during the summer. there are a few afterschool/holiday clubs, but none that can take him. he has severe learning disabilities and behavioural issues, and also isnt fully toilet trained. i never see the other parents from his school, so dont know what they do. i no most of them dont work, or have partners. does anyone in south belfast, send there child somewhere, or know of anywhere i can try. thanks in advance

1980Sport Thu 02-Jun-11 19:19:21

Hi - have you tried looking on the early years website www.early-years.org or giving Mencap Adviceline a ring 0808 808 1111. Your early years team normally have a list of registered providers they can send to you and if you have a Social Worker he/she might have some ideas too!

Sandhills Fri 03-Jun-11 19:29:23

Hi My dd sounds similar to your ds. My dh and I are lucky enough this summer to take leave and look after the kids between us but this is only a short term solution as we won't be able to do it every summer.
What about asking the school if there is somewhere they are aware of?

Calally Sat 04-Jun-11 18:10:43

yeah spoke to the school, not sure of anywhere, but are gonna ask about for me. the school has a summer scheme which he's going to, but its expensive. social workers gonna check into a few things for me. but as his school run a summer scheme, hell be on a waiting list for any other summer schemes that come up, spaces will be allocated 1st to those whose school do not have a summer scheme. get regular updates from mencap. might give them a buzz, see if they have any other suggestions

Sandhills Sat 04-Jun-11 18:44:24

Didin't realise some schools charged for summer scheme. My dd goes to school in Coleraine, her summer scheme is only for a week but we don't have to pay. Hope you get some success from mencap.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: