Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

not really SN but dd2 is poorly

(9 Posts)
Marne Fri 12-Nov-10 21:08:10

I hate it when she's poorly as she cant tell me where it hurts, this time i think i can work out whats wrong but i can't do anything to help her sad, i think she has a water infection, this afternoon she was holding herself after doing a wee and she has now waken up thrashing around in bed with her hand down her nappy.

Dh is at work and dd1 asleep so i cant take her to the out of hours GP, I have tried to get calpol into her by putting it in her drink but she has fallen asleep before drinking it, she's sleepy after having her melatonin.

Does anyone know if a chemest can test a wee sample or will i have to take her into the walk in clinic tomorrow?

purplepidjin Fri 12-Nov-10 21:37:39

Can the out of hours doctor do a home visit?

TheArsenicCupCake Fri 12-Nov-10 22:26:06

How is she now? poor little thing

it'll be a walk in centre in the morning.

mariagoretti Fri 12-Nov-10 23:06:56

Yep, chemist can't do this. They can sometimes sell you a wee pot though so you can give her a wash, take off the nappy and collect the sample in comfort at home rather than taking hours to get one in the clinic.

Worth taking 2 separate wee samples if you can. Idea is that if the same germ turns up on both tests it's genuine and not a contaminant.

woolytree Sat 13-Nov-10 00:00:37

DD has a water infection too...I think, our gp let us take a sample in and let us pick up a pescription for antibiotics just incase when we collected the sample pot...havent had results yet but she has a inflamed throat too so we started her on them anyway. Hope she feels better soon, its really hard when they cant say what hurts...or notice if it hurts at all.

Marne Sat 13-Nov-10 08:00:25

She seems a bit better this morning,once she was asleep she slept well, will see how she is in a couple hours and call the out of hours doc to see if they can give us a pescription for antibiotics.

Wooly- i hope your dd feels better soon, a few girls in dd's class have had a virus (soar throat) and have ended up with a water infection, maybe its linked to a virus, dd2 has had a fury mouth for a few days and a slight cough.

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Sat 13-Nov-10 08:21:23

hope she is better soon!

ShadeofViolet Sat 13-Nov-10 09:17:26

Hope she is better soon - its so awful when you know they are in pain but they cant tell you where.

willowthecat Sat 13-Nov-10 11:14:58

Slightly off topic but ds had a mini breakthrough last week when he told us he had a 'sore nose' - We know he has a cold as we can see it running ! Back to OP, I hope the Marnelet picks up soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now