Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Moving on from a stretchy wrap. Recommendations for a woven wrap.

(4 Posts)
evertonmint Wed 15-Oct-14 11:06:08

DS is 4mo and getting heavy in our lovely stretchy Hana wrap which we have both adored. I have a couple of mei tai style carriers from my older DCs but I would love to have a wrap as I've enjoyed the closeness and cosiness of it.

So, tell me about woven wraps. What size do I need? What fabric?

I'm a size 16 at the moment, but usually a 14, with massive boobs. I think I probably need a size 7 for most ties: does that sound right?

I want a plain colour ideally, nothing patterned but maybe a few stripes or something simple like that. I also understand that some need a lot of breaking in? TBH I just need something I can start wrapping with easily from the start and that sounds a bit complicated (although prepared to be corrected on that!)

Any recommendations? Thank you smile

HomeIsWhereTheHeartIs Wed 15-Oct-14 11:34:47

I know of someone who makes wraps and gives advice about baby wearing as their business. She is on FB. It's called Geeky Sweetheart.

Spindelina Wed 15-Oct-14 14:03:45

Is there a sling meet or sling library near you? You could try a few different lengths.

But, yes, for a FWCC (basically the same as what you do with a stretchy) you'll probably want a 7. A shorter one (probably a 4) will probably come in useful for a RTIF once you want to get him on your back.

Fabric-wise, I'd start with something 100% cotton. Linen is more supportive, but takes longer to break in; wool is better thermally but more expensive; silk is also lurvely but more expensive. The wrap I bought new was fine from the word go, but they get softer with use. There are also lots available second hand.

(I'm a bit smaller than you and I've got a 6 and a 3, both Didymos, both fairly plain. They've got a different colour at the top and bottom rails, which I find massively helpful in not getting myself tied up!).

Tinnute Mon 01-Dec-14 17:42:30

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now