Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

best sling for a new born and mum with bad back!

(7 Posts)
flamencogirl Fri 05-Aug-11 17:11:32

Can anyone recommend what sling I should be getting when the baby arrives which is also kindest to my back? Thanks

Loopymumsy Fri 05-Aug-11 17:37:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Scaredycat3000 Mon 15-Aug-11 19:47:18

A stretchy wrap will spread the weight best, IMO. When I carried my large DS in a carrier loads of people would always comment on how much it must hurt my back, which always got the reply I'm using it because I've got a bad back and it's much better than pushing a heavy child and buggy. I used a stretchy wrap then a Mei Tai as he got to heavy for front carries.

Derbygirl3 Mon 15-Aug-11 21:34:04

Hi, I know what you mean about the bad back nothing worse than pushing a buggy when your back hurts.

I found a whole range of slings etc here hope this helps.

www.tenbagsofsugar.com/out-and-about-search.aspx?CategoryId=aa6e8da8-ef7f-4b38-bf0f-9682ff4e1bd6

thisisyesterday Mon 15-Aug-11 21:35:26

can def recommend a stretchy wrap like a moby or similar.

MotherOfHobbit Sat 20-Aug-11 13:15:16

I've also had back problems and as long as you get the right sling, it shouldn't be a problem.
I highly recommend the moby (stretchy wrap), it looks a little intimidating to get all the wrapping right but only needs a little practice. There are also some great youtube vids to show you how to do it.

Rootle Sat 20-Aug-11 13:27:11

Hi

I have back problems & also had a large baby (11lb 7). A friend loaned me her karime
Sling which has been great. No strain on my back & loved being able to keep him so close to me. Haven't used any others to compare but I certainly liked this one & would use it again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now