Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. To find out which products have won Mumsnet Best, go to Reviews. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Can you help a novice chose a woven wrap sling?

(6 Posts)
RottenRow Thu 09-Jun-11 13:38:44

Am expecting DC2 and I really want a wrap sling so I can strap 'em on and have hands free for everything else. I initially thought I'd go for a stretchy one but as it will be outgrown I think I'll try and be more economical and get a woven one from the start. Something with wool in perhaps that won't be too hot in summer and will be warm enough in winter. I do have an ergo but I just could not get on with it last time, I must have been doing it wrong as the weight was all on my shoulders and crippling me so I gave up.

I'm tall with a big bust and would really appreciate any tips.......

Loopymumsy Thu 09-Jun-11 17:04:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RottenRow Thu 09-Jun-11 20:52:46

No not a stick by any stretch! I didn't realise they could be so pricey, though they sound lovely and I really want one. Preloved is fine with me. I guess I'd go on £50-100. I need to do a lot more research by the sound of it. Am wondering whether I should go for a cheaper stretchy one to begin with to see how I get on........

Loopymumsy Thu 09-Jun-11 21:10:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RottenRow Thu 09-Jun-11 21:52:38

Have joined naturalmamas and introduced DP to the possible outlay. I did have a brief look at the storch instructions and thought it looked terribly complicated, but hopefully it won't be beyond me.

thisisyesterday Thu 09-Jun-11 21:55:30

i have a storch and it's LOVELY!

would recommend buying second hand because it will be all soft and broken-in already, which is a bonus!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: