Talk

Advanced search

Setting target

(7 Posts)
AndWhat Wed 29-Mar-17 22:26:24

How do you know what to set your target too?
When I joined initially I just set a small target which I met, then I added another small target which brings my bmi to under 30. I should achieve that in the next 2 weeks if I keep on track. So where do I go next? There doesn't seem to be any advice to follow about targets

LavenderRains Thu 30-Mar-17 10:35:11

Hi. I started sw in October but only set my target 2 weeks ago. I've lost 4 stone so far so set my target to 5 stone loss. Not sure if I will get there but it's given me something to aim for!
My BMI is still over 30 so I've just gone with a target that is achievable. Not sure what my BMI should be tbh!

ChessieFL Thu 30-Mar-17 11:23:22

Your target is whatever you want it to be (although SW won't let you set a target weight which is too low relative to your height). You can set a final target if you want (your ideal weight) or just keep setting mini targets (lose another stone or whatever) until you get to a weight you are comfortable with.

Northernmum100 Thu 30-Mar-17 18:13:24

I'm not focusing on a specific weight, more how I feel and look. A size 10/ 12 will do me nicely so when I reach that I am told I can fix my target weight there. I can't remember being that size before so no idea what I am going to weigh. Getting close now tho....

Groovee Fri 31-Mar-17 07:31:12

I've been doing mini targets as a goal to get to. But in 2005, I hit a point when I felt happy with my weight and my clothes etc. So added 3lb on for target. Hope to do the same this time.

AndWhat Fri 31-Mar-17 21:18:19

Thanks I thought I had to set an end target now as that is the next space in the book! I should have realised.

pandorawithtreaclecolouredhair Sat 01-Apr-17 15:25:46

My Consultant advises members to set their target at three pounds below the weight at which they feel comfortable and happy: that way, you are satisfied to be anywhere within your target range,even at the higher end.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now