Talk

Advanced search

Gravy Ideas please

(6 Posts)
meg54 Wed 28-Dec-16 09:41:23

My DH has agreed to join me in losing weight, but he loves his rich thick gravies!.
Any low syn ideas anyone can share please?

OwlinaTree Wed 28-Dec-16 12:37:41

Iceland does a syn free onion gravy. I've not tried it yet so can't say what is like!

MrsB110616 Wed 28-Dec-16 14:43:37

The Iceland one is nice! They give you the recipe on the lid too so you can make it yourself if you like it smile

honeysucklejasmine Wed 28-Dec-16 14:54:08

I just use normal bisto and syn it. I used to be scared if syns and use syn free everything, but actually, that's silly. For me, it was encouraging spending my syns on treats every evening instead. Which didn't seem a good habit!

dannyglick Wed 28-Dec-16 16:29:43

I have heard that the SW Iceland gravy is nice, but have yet to find it in my local store.
I use Bisto gravy granules, and just count the syns: 4 tbsp gravy when made up as directed is 1 syn. Sometimes, I fry sliced onions in Frylight and stir the gravy through that.
Agree with honeysucklejasmine that there's no need to use everything syn-free: I like using my syns to enhance my enjoyment of a meal and not feel deprived.

mumoftwo1975 Mon 02-Jan-17 10:49:53

Some in our group have used mushy peas to make into a thick gravy. I think they use oxo cubes for the meaty flavour then blend the mushy peas with water to thin. Haven't tried it myself to but make mushy pea curry sometimes so I guess it's similar to a degree x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now