Talk

Advanced search

Slimming World Beginner's shopping list

(10 Posts)
MontyYouTerribleCunt Thu 10-Dec-15 16:59:25

Hi!

I am planning to join SW next week. I have about 10lbs to lose (though more would be a bonus). I want to make sure I have plenty of SW friendly food in the house for when I start. Can you please help me come up with a shopping list?

So far I think the following are ok:

Potatoes
Veg
Fruit
Very lean meat
Eggs

Thanks!

emmaluvseeyore Thu 10-Dec-15 21:38:39

Pasta, rice, passata/chopped tomatoes. It depends what sort of meals you like really.

dlwelly Thu 10-Dec-15 21:41:15

Some fry light and lots of herbs and spices!

MontyYouTerribleCunt Thu 10-Dec-15 22:25:22

Thanks! Will add them both. Did I hear extra light mayo is ok too?

OrianaBanana Fri 11-Dec-15 12:06:51

You would have to syn it, but it is low syn. Good luck!

I find having plenty of lean meat to snack on, and gherkins etc. helps keep me on-plan. As well as hifi light bars...

ChessieFL Fri 11-Dec-15 12:24:08

Fat free cottage cheese, quark or fromage frais. Yoghurts e.g. Muller lights.

ChessieFL Fri 11-Dec-15 12:25:18

Wholemeal bread or cereals for your B choice. Cheese or milk for your A choice.

emmaluvseeyore Fri 11-Dec-15 15:11:40

RE Muller lights - I personally prefer to get other yoghurts and just count the syns. You can get some much nicer ones for only 3-5 syns.

Definitely agree with the fry light, herbs, spices and lean meat to snack on. I eat quite a bit of ham!

MontyYouTerribleCunt Sat 12-Dec-15 00:53:46

Thanks a lot all. Starting on Tuesday. Kind of looking forward to and dreading it at the same time.

maygirl Sat 12-Dec-15 08:42:35

Bacon, baked beans , quorn or Linda McCartney red onion sausages, tomatoes and mushrooms for an SW full English with the eggs .
Also look up some lower syn treats, if you like chocolate most people go for curly wurlys, freddo, or Cadbury snacks I think . Pops or pufts for crisps. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now