Talk

Advanced search

Rejoining numerous times

(13 Posts)
foxybayee03 Mon 26-Oct-15 12:54:49

If I pluck up the courage this will be my 4th attempt since Jan at Slimming World. I know it works...I lost 5 stone successfully years ago..but have gained two stone over the years by letting things slide and accepting the odd pound here and there until they started turning into stones.
I rejoined two different groups with different consultants as I felt so ashamed and even looked further afield for this 4th attempt but realise that that's getting silly.
I just feel that the weeks and months fly so quick and regret not sticking with it.
Im just dreading that return and the feeling of the consultant thinking..:Oh here she comes again.
Has anyone else being in my position and can offer some much needed support.
Thank you.

lighteningirl Mon 26-Oct-15 12:57:12

Just go back your consultant will be really pleased you trusted her enough to give it another go.

KatharineClifton Mon 26-Oct-15 12:57:32

I've been twice. My consultant messaged me last week to say she missed me in group.

You are overthinking this, SW is a business. If you go then the leader gets paid, if you don't then she doesn't. I don't think any business would think 'Oh here she comes again'.

Just go and get the support you need. Good luck!

foxybayee03 Mon 26-Oct-15 14:18:37

Thank you for the down to earth reality check. Yes its all about making money at the end of the day...probably more likely she will think "Kerrching"!

lighteningirl Mon 26-Oct-15 18:06:54

No she won't I am a consultant and the ones who think like that don't last the successful ones (which I am) are focussed on helping members lose weight because those members go tell all their friends family and work colleagues and groups grow. When I get a rejoin I view it as another chance to help someone who is struggling another chance to be a better consultant than I was last time. You can have excuses or you can have reasons with nine weeks to go you can really change 2015 you can finish on a weight loss high. Oh and there is a half price joining offer in Bella mag this week. Good luck. flowers

foxybayee03 Mon 26-Oct-15 18:32:16

Thank you Lighteninggirl. I hope I didn't offend you with my comment. Very very true regarding excuses or reasons and finishing 2015 on a weight loss high.
Yes I got Bella today so even more reason to get my butt into gear!

Thanks again.

lighteningirl Mon 26-Oct-15 18:35:33

No no offence been there myself I joined about four times before it really clicked for me

SkirkLass Mon 26-Oct-15 21:00:51

Sustaining weight loss is incredibly hard in the long run, it's always likely to be a work in progress for most people. Well done for losing 5 stone, that's amazing, just go back to class now, nobody worth bothering with will be judging you for slipping backwards. You'll be glad in six months that you re-joined and got that weight off rather than letting your anxieties get in the way and potentially gaining another stone. Good luck.

ProcrastinatorGeneral Tue 27-Oct-15 10:20:31

I'm on my second go. I joined with a friend this time, we're keeping each other on plan. Is there anyone you can go with, or maybe someone you can chat with and exchange encouragement with at the group you're going to go to?

Best of luck smile

SqueakyCyclops Wed 28-Oct-15 07:19:18

It took me 4 attempts to finally get to target. This time I feel like it's 'clicked'. I lost 5 stone in a year and have been at target 6 months. I find being at target really difficult as I don't go to group every week any more (I have a 3 year old and 18mo, managing them both is hard if the 18mo isn't napping as I try to stay to image therapy)

Well done for only putting 2 stone on, I put on everything I lost and more every time I rejoined.

Good luck xxx

wonderpants Wed 28-Oct-15 07:22:46

Every time I rejoin, I'm heavier than the last time!
I'm going back today, to a different group, as I can't face going back to the same group of people (who sit there every week for years and never look any slimmer!).
Bella magazine you say? Is that still available? Or any other offers?

foxybayee03 Wed 28-Oct-15 08:56:20

It was last weeks Bella magazine but I think the voucher is valid till beginning of Nov.
I was relieved to have only gained 2lbs since my absence and feel motivated and so pleased that I returned.
Thanks for the support and encouragement everyone its a huge help.

TheSconeOfStone Fri 06-Nov-15 21:40:55

I'm in a similar situation. I lost 3 1/2 stone a few years ago. I'm a stone and a half above my personal acceptable weight (sadly never been properly slim). I've joined a few 2-3 times in the last couple of years and given up (in tears usually). I joined again on Monday. The consultant gave me a hug at the new members talk. I'm actually feeling properly motivated for the first time in a long time. I see weight loss as a life long battle. I'm sure it's the same for many consultants too. Go for it OP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now