Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How do I keep them cool?

(10 Posts)
Lilliput Mon 11-Jul-05 20:45:19

The thermometer on the baby monitor is reading 28 in my five month old ds room and it seems even hotter in my 2 year old dd room. They are both just in a nappy but what else can I do?

starlover Mon 11-Jul-05 20:46:24

if they are only in nappies then they will be fine!

bear in mind they probably aren't as hot as you... they're just lying there... not moving around, and they aren't wearing anything!

Lilliput Mon 11-Jul-05 20:51:11

He's so restless though, he might feel a bit weird without his sleeping bag

starlover Mon 11-Jul-05 20:51:50

try putting a thin sheet over him?

WideWebWitch Mon 11-Jul-05 20:52:02

If he's asleep my advice would be to leave him. Definitely.

vicdubya Mon 11-Jul-05 20:58:47

Yes, leave them, ds usually won;t sleep without his sleeping bag but slept fine in t-shirt & nappy the last time it was really hot.

For some reason it's not that hot here tonight..everyone else is posting from the sahara by the look of it

stripey Mon 11-Jul-05 21:32:02

I have fans on both of mine and I always sleep with a fan when it is this hot.

larlylou Mon 11-Jul-05 21:48:55

I too am really worried about the heat. It is reading 26 in both our bedrooms and I have a 5 day old baby sleeping in a thin vest only but am so worried about it being too hot (I wouldn't have her in anything only she hates being naked still so I have the vest undone and lying loosely on her tummy. I have fans on in both rooms too but they just aren't that great at doing anything but circulate the hot heat. My 2 year old who normally sleeps in a sleeping bag (and wouldn't normally settle without being in it) is wearing just a nappy and cuddling his bag. Roll on some evening cooler weather with a breeze!

starlover Mon 11-Jul-05 21:52:04

Linus's room is 24 and he is wearing pyjamas and has a blanket over him

just stuck my hand down his top and he's fine

starlover Mon 11-Jul-05 21:52:22

seriously, don't assume they are as hot as you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now