Talk

Advanced search

Is co-sleeping safe with a memory foam mattress?

(5 Posts)
octopusinabox Wed 07-Oct-09 19:15:22

9 months after the birth and I still have bad spd so have been considering getting a memory foam mattress topper - no idea if they'll help but I'm getting desperate now.

Thing is, I'm cosleeping at the moment - baby is in her cot next to my bed with open side. She sometimes ends up on my bed though. Is this safe? Also, anyone know if the topper will help at all or should I post this in health section?

Thanks

GentleOtter Wed 07-Oct-09 19:29:44

I don't know if it is correct or not, octopusinabox but we have a memory foam topper and ds2 co sleeps with us most nights although his cot is right beside me. He is 2 now but has pretty much been in beside us from day one (apart from a blissful spell in an Amby hammock)
They can get quite warm so perhaps someone else can offer better advice.Sorry if this was not very useful.

Hulla Sat 10-Oct-09 19:54:21

We got rid of our memory foam mattress in order to co-sleep safely (far to soft for dd). She is almost 9 months now and we stayed with family last week in a bed with a memory foam topper and I loved it. It might have been a little warm for dd, she didn't need a duvet.

My back loved it though and I'm considering getting one for our bed. smile

octopusinabox Sun 11-Oct-09 10:37:52

Thanks GentleOtter and Hulla.

My husband went and bought one without telling me but I've tried it the last couple of nights and it's made no difference - maybe it's not thick enough of something but I think I'll give them a miss for now until she's in her own bed by herself.

Hulla Sun 11-Oct-09 19:05:54

Oh no! Is it definately the mattress making you ache? Could you try an osteopath? A friend of mine had osteopathy for spd and said it really helped.

Hope you find a solution soon anyway smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now