Talk

Advanced search

6mo - let her sleep or wake to rehydrate in hot weather?

(7 Posts)
BarrelOfMonkeys Tue 30-Jun-09 08:58:07

DD is sleeping for longer at nights but in this hot weather do I need to worry about her dehydrating if she doesn't wake up for a feed? Or do I just trust she will wake on her own if she needs it?

At the moment I'm waking up fairly often anyway, so for the last couple of nights I've done a dream-feed at 3am and she's taken a whole bottle and then not woken til 7am - which is quite civilised compared to what we have had - so I'm wondering whether I should just keep doing that or drop the feed and just let her sleep? (She's never slept through before, but with it being so hot I'm a bit nervous about her going 12 hours between getting any liquid down her.)

BarrelOfMonkeys Tue 30-Jun-09 19:36:38

bump!

choufleur Tue 30-Jun-09 19:38:03

i'm sure she'll wake up if she's thirsty. does she have water during the day as well as milk?

BarrelOfMonkeys Tue 30-Jun-09 20:33:18

She hates water, although we offer it. If she gets a mouthful of it, she pulls a hilariously disgusted face and spits it out more often than not. I offer the formula a lot more often in the hot weather, rather than waiting for her to ask for it.

BarrelOfMonkeys Tue 30-Jun-09 21:22:45

Okay, I shall take your advice Choufleur and be brave! Am probably being a bit PFB aren't I?

ches Wed 01-Jul-09 05:17:06

TBH if she's older than 2 months I'd leave her.

BarrelOfMonkeys Thu 02-Jul-09 20:44:16

Thanks - she's been up every 2 hours for the last two nights anyway... sod's law...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now