Talk

Advanced search

Expectations too High?

(5 Posts)
Spoo Tue 05-Apr-05 14:18:00

I have a nine week old who has a fantastic bed time routine, However he is not yet going through the night. He goes down very easily at 8p.m and sleeps through till 1 - 2 ish when he has a feed. He then wakes again at 4 -5 with grumbling but seems to be easily put back to sleep until 6 when I feed him.

I have tried the dream feed at 10p.m but it seems he still wakes for the 1-2a.m. feed.

Am I being unreasonable to expect him to go through at nine weeks? Should I perservere with the dream feed even though he still wakes at 1a.m.

Any advice please?

vict17 Tue 05-Apr-05 14:21:48

My ds at this age went to bed at 6pmish, woke at 12am/1am and then 3 or 4am for a feed. Then he gradually only woke at 4am for a feed, until about 3 months old wehn he started sleeping through

Nimme Tue 05-Apr-05 14:24:33

DD2 continued to wake up at 1-2 for sometime when I introduced the dream feed. I then dropped it thinking it wasn't working (and I was truly shattered and needed some sleep). I started again a couple of weeks later and after a week or so she stopped waking up at 1-2am. I think it takes 1-2 weeks to break a habit - give your DS time to adjust.
HTH

fruitful Tue 05-Apr-05 14:29:23

Mmm, could be expecting a bit much. DD was still waking at 10pm, 2am, 4.30am and finally 7.30am at 6 months... But ds is of course going to sleep through next week (he's 7wks). .

Spoo Tue 05-Apr-05 14:53:28

Thanks for all your advice. I think I will try the dream feed again after our holiday.

Just soo tired - would do anything for full nights kip!

Spoo

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now