19 month old waking for hours during the night

(9 Posts)
Toffeecoffeee Sun 13-Sep-20 12:55:38

Hi

Just looking for some advice if anyone has experienced anything similar.

My little boy has nights when he will wake up during the night and be awake for hours.

It happened again last night he woke up at 1am and he didn’t get back to sleep until 4am.

We currently cosleep, I can’t get him into his own cot never mind his own room as he gets hysterical.

It doesn’t happen every night and his routine hasn’t changed. He has a nap in the afternoon for 1- 1.5hours then bedtime is 7-7:30pm.

Has anyone else been through this? Tell me I’m not alone! X

OP’s posts: |
Lioncar Tue 15-Sep-20 06:34:04

Hi, we had this from around 18 months for about 5 weeks. People say its the 18 month sleep regression but he did start sleeping better eventually, although it nearly killed me!

messy123 Wed 16-Sep-20 08:06:10

Yep, my little girl used to do this too. She grew out of it after a couple of months. It is difficult but try to relax ,don't let him do anything stimulating while he wakes. Try to go to bed earlier to get a solid few hours before he might wake so you will feel better and ready to tackle it.

ConfusedPanda Wed 16-Sep-20 21:51:52

This happened with my eldest. Awful. Don't remember how long it lasted but it passed. Hang in there.

Toffeecoffeee Thu 17-Sep-20 13:27:32

Thanks for the replies.

It’s good to know I’m not alone and hopefully it passes soon! X

OP’s posts: |
OverTheRainbow88 Thu 17-Sep-20 13:38:54

My son was 19 months old yesterday and does the same. He either wakes loads but settled after ten min (with help) it wakes once for hours and hours. It’s bloody shit

SwanShaped Thu 17-Sep-20 13:40:22

My 2.7 year old does this! Arghhhh!

Advertisement

Jellybean100 Fri 18-Sep-20 05:29:48

In this situation right now!

AlmondsAndChocolate Fri 18-Sep-20 05:32:37

We had this too, the only thing that worked was always waking him an the same time, no matter how exhausted he was. This got him back into a routine fairly quickly.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in