Talk

Advanced search

Please help!!!

(5 Posts)
brummiesue Tue 09-Jan-18 04:44:29

My 6 month old used to sleep 12hrs straight, literally from aboit 9 weeks
For the last couple of weeks he has started waking around 12/1 am then 4am. It's absolutely killing me especially as it's back to school and I have a 4&3 yr old to deal with. He's up now and I have to be up for the school run in a couple of hours. I literally want to scream! He has a feed and a thrash around but usually settles quite quickly. Any suggestions???

arbrighton Tue 09-Jan-18 13:45:14

only twice?

Lucky you....

Development/teething/ sleep regression.

FATEdestiny Sat 13-Jan-18 14:03:50

I'd guess at him needing more milk in the daytime. In addition to milk (not instead of) 3 good meals a day with plenty of calories.

Cracklesfire Sat 13-Jan-18 14:11:42

DS at 6 months was up every 20 minutes instead of his usual 2 hourly feeds. I think they all go through a development/sleep regression type thing at this age. I also found when we started solids sleep got worse for a while. Could the thrashing be wind?

DS was a terrible sleeper but at 6 months even my friends with good sleepers had regressed too and we were all in the same boat. We just stuck with a decent routine and went to bed early. It paid off eventually.

Hippydippydoo Sat 13-Jan-18 14:23:00

I think you just need to ride it out as part of normal baby sleep.

DD is nearly 1, and up until a week ago was waking at 11 and 3. She is now typically waking around 2am.

I think it could be alot worse tbh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now