Feeding a one year old to sleep and saving yoir back...

(6 Posts)
piesoclock Fri 17-Jun-16 22:26:12

We've just lowered the cot of our soon to be one year old. At the moment is he is bf or cuddled to sleep.
How can I put him in the cot without wrecking my back and without him waking up??!!
I'm 5 ft 3 and too short for this.

nudeynuderson Fri 17-Jun-16 22:51:06

Are you trying to stop feeding or cuddling to sleep? My 8 month old is sometimes fed to sleep but he sleeps in our bed so it's not a problem for my back. Trying to put him down awake though so he will fall asleep himself and not need feeding. Sorry not much help would be interested in any tips as trying to transition to the cot now and don't want the same problem.

Whataboutwhathuh Sat 18-Jun-16 09:05:30

I think you need to look to stop feeding to sleep, teeth need to be brushed after last feed and they are best put down awake.

peardroplets Sat 18-Jun-16 19:19:21

I honestly don't think you should worry about tooth decay. There is a good evidence-based article on kellymom if you are interested. Comes up if you Google breastfeeding and tooth decay.

It might be that the only way to save your back ist to put him down awake. There is some brilliant advice from fatedestiny on the gradual withdrawal thread currently active on this forum.

fluffikins Mon 20-Jun-16 07:05:09

I'm in the same boat. I'm trying gradual withdrawal but still finding she's desperate for boob to get her settled. I'm almost thinking a floor bed would be better but she certainly won't go down awake, if I try she flings her eyes open and screams within a second of me doing so

piesoclock Tue 21-Jun-16 21:37:29

We've gone with bedtime feed with lights on, pass him to Dad when finished, baby yells for a few mins then falls asleep. We'll do gradual withdrawal once he stops yelling in frustration that I've left the room.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now