Can we talk 20-week-old sleep (or lack of)??

(1 Post)
SouthernComforter Wed 30-Mar-16 08:48:50

My 4.5mo is still in my room (in my bed, in a sleepyhead). He was a really good sleeper, waking maybe once a night for a feed. He's now up two, three or for four times every night, plus he wakes every night when I go to bed, so he has a 'dream feed' when I was aiming for an early night because I'm up in a couple of hours anyway. Baby now he doesn't have a sleep cycle, night or day, that lasts more than a couple of hours. I'm worn out and feel about 407 years old! I guess I'm asking -
1) whether he needs to feed every time he wakes or whether this is encouraging him to wake? El chunko is on the 90+ percentile and breastfed. Increased night feeds mean that I now can't say to husband 'give him a bottle' because I couldn't get through a night without having to express.
2) if I don't feed how will I get him back off?
3) Could he be hungrier than I realise? He didn't seem v interested in feeding in 2 of his wake ups last night but other times seems ravenous. Maybe I should introduce a bit of baby rice at teatime? (Or formula - but then I'm full of milk at bedtime).
4) should I just move him to his own room? We mostly haven't done that yet because we also have an early rising/cot escaping toddler and we still use the monitor's light protector for him... stupid really. Husband deals with toddler and I mostly do baby, although we do swap about a bit in the night sometimes. We're both shattered. And it's time we got back in our own bed together.
Sorry for the super long wittering of a woman losing the will to live...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now