Talk

Advanced search

4 month old doesn't sleep well

(6 Posts)
SnowWhite26 Wed 10-Feb-16 08:50:24

My daughter is nearly 4 months.She genererally sleeps from 630ish till 5-6ish with a dream feed and a bit dummy re inserting.This week she has started waking for a small amount of food between 2 and 4.She had her injections on Monday and I know she is teething.Is it normal for them to want a top up?
Thanks

manateeandcake Wed 10-Feb-16 10:39:31

My son is a similar age and wakes twice a night almost every night to feed. I think you're doing well!

Unhappyexpat Wed 10-Feb-16 17:29:58

Mine sleeps four hours after being put down then wakes every hour or so really hungry...then is up for the day at 5:30.. sad
Yours sounds angelic! There is a growth spurt around this time so they do need more calories

vichill Wed 10-Feb-16 17:33:58

God, I'd give my right arm for this schedule and mines 8 months.

SnowWhite26 Wed 10-Feb-16 18:09:05

Oh ok haha.I know she is quite good I just didnt know if it was normal for the night feed that was dropped was needed again.Its a guessing game what unsettles her at night sometimes

Poppytime Thu 11-Feb-16 10:00:55

Seems normal from my experience. My DS is 4 months and had been waking just once a night about 2/3am for a feed but for the past few weeks he is going to bed at about 7/7.30 and up for a feed again anytime 10-12,3 and 6ish (and then his big sister is up for the day anyway confused), seems like a growth spurt to me, at least this is what I am telling myself to get me through it!

Sounds like you and your DD are doing very well with only one wake up, but it's all relative and I know what you mean, you are used to one thing and then it changes and seems to 'regress' and you worry this is the new normal! But it's all phases and sleep/feeding patterns change so much, especially in the first year I have found (no expert btw, just from experience with my DD and DS to date)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now