Talk

Advanced search

Cosleeping, preventing falling out before I go to bed!

(8 Posts)
GGtops Mon 27-Jul-15 11:40:46

Hi, I'm after a bit of advice regarding cosleeping please.
I cosleep on a sofa bed in my DD's (11.5 months old) bedroom. It is a low bed so she is able to crawl out without hurting herself, although she doesn't usually attempt this during the night.
What do I do when we stay away from home in a normal bed which is further from the floor? I worry that she will fall out, especially if she wakes before I go to bed. What do other people do in this instance?
I am looking to make the transition to a cot before long as she is getting increasingly mobile, which is a whole different story!

TIA xx

Christelle2207 Mon 27-Jul-15 11:43:52

Take a travel cot and put her in that until you go to bed
Or
Get a video monitor and keep a close eye
Or
You can get portable bed guards I think

GGtops Mon 27-Jul-15 12:28:01

Thanks Christelle2207, good suggestions. I've been thinking about bed guards, I'll do some research. Can't afford video monitor and she won't usually stay in a travel cot unfortunately. Xx

KittyandTeal Mon 27-Jul-15 12:32:36

We have (although don't use it anymore) a bed guard that slips under the mattress. Think it's a Tomy one. Was about £25 from amazon.

We used it from about 12mo to 26mo and then on her own bed for a little bit when she finally went in there

ISpidersmanYouMeanPirate Mon 27-Jul-15 12:40:06

We have a portable bed guard (we only bought portable because it was the cheapest on amazon - it's been fantastic and we've even taken it on the plane on holiday in our suitcase!)

We put DS1 in a normal single bed aged 12 months when he refused to go into the cot - he still uses the bed guard aged nearly 4 years cos when I took it off he fell out of bed hmm

I co-sleep with DS2 (14 months) and use a bed guard on our bed.

GGtops Mon 27-Jul-15 17:52:47

Thank you ��
I think I'll invest in a bed guard. Tonight I'm going to attempt getting her to sleep in her cot... She always feeds to sleep and has at least 2 feeds during the night so I imagine I'll have a long night ahead of me! Xx

basilflower Mon 27-Jul-15 20:56:06

We use the lindam bed guards, they just fit in the car boot too. Though we've also on occasion just taken the mattress off the bed when visiting people, though you need a big room to do that!

Artandco Mon 27-Jul-15 20:57:56

Away I just let them fall asleep downstairs on dh or I, or in pram, or on sofa. Then take to bed when we went

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now