Talk

Advanced search

8year old keeps waking?

(6 Posts)
kristyB75 Mon 22-Jun-15 09:19:43

Hi ladies.... Over the last 6months my 8year old daughter has started waking 30mins after going to sleep, crying & upset.... she settles within 10mins & usually goes back off for the night but it was maybe once a week it's now getting a lot more?
Just wondered if anyone else has had this problem & wondered if anyone can give me some advice on how to help her?
Thanks ❤️

FATEdestiny Tue 23-Jun-15 11:40:44

Could there be a problem at school? Or with her friendships?

It might be that she is unsettled because she is thinking about something and worrying as she goes to sleep.

passivemother Tue 23-Jun-15 11:44:44

i havent tried, but one of my friends tried chlorophorm on her child? worked for her and she now gets really good sleeps!!! her son sometimes sleep for 16 hours a day!!!!

Poledra Tue 23-Jun-15 11:47:16

What does she say about her wakenings? Does she feel unwell, or is she still 'asleep' - my 7-yo sometimes wakes about 10pm, crying and unsettled but has no recollection of it the next day? I find it happens when she is very tired or has been ill. We often get it towards the end of term, as she's just plumb tuckered out.

FATEdestiny Tue 23-Jun-15 11:49:14

chlorophorm as in the anaesthetic? I assume you are being facetious hmm

passivemother Tue 23-Jun-15 11:51:56

hi fatedestiny! i havent personally tried but that is what i was told by my friend, she said something about if u want effectiveness and results u need to be extreme blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now