Talk

Advanced search

baby nearly 6 months napping routine

(2 Posts)
pipplin Tue 14-Dec-10 17:12:26

If I woke DS earlier in afternoon would I able to pop him to bed sooner?
I don't have a routine as such just the one he made himself.

He currently has about an hour in the morning- about half 10 but this seems to be getting later, can stay up til half 11- was 12 today- slept until 1.30ish.

Another sleep about 4 until half 5/6.

He then goes to bed about 9 half 9.

I realise this is probably a bit late.

Do you think maybe an early lunchtime nap then a shorter late afternoon one would be better? I hate waking him up- such a wimp!
Sorry just putting my thoughts onto paper screen really.
TIA

Fifilottie Wed 15-Dec-10 10:22:47

At six months my LO had about three naps a day aswell but for some reason she couldn't stay up for more than about one hour and a half.. What time does your DS wake up in the morning. Can you bring all the naps a bit ealier gradually!!.
My Dd was as follows:

6.30 wake
8 - 9.30 nap
11 ish - 12ish nap
3ish nap until about 4
6.30 bedtime
(of course this isn't exact)

It has always been my rule to make sure the last nap of the day doesn't go byond 4 pm so DD can be sleepy again by bedtime at 6.30pm. It took a few weeks of manipualting though. I think you should definitely try and bring that afternoon nap earlier(just wake him up subtlely by opening the curtain slightly) as 9.30 is a late bedtime. You deserve your evenings back!!!!! Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now