Talk

Advanced search

24 week DS just won't sleep through!

(6 Posts)
PetiteMum Fri 03-Dec-10 14:58:14

Hi everyone

My 24 week old gorgeous boy is an insomniac it seems. He was EBF until about 3 weeks ago, and is now FF. He is on 2 meals a day, but still wakes every 2 hrs at night. Not necessarily to feed, but is up and then settles quite quickly. He sleeps in his cot and naps there during the day too with no issues.

I really don't know what is causing him to wake like this? As a newborn he would sleep 4-5 hours easy.

Any pointers? Tips?

Me and my dark circles would be eternally grateful! Thanks

fifitot Fri 03-Dec-10 21:10:57

Teething?

MyLifeIsFeelingFestive Fri 03-Dec-10 21:28:43

No pointers, no tips. Juat another one who has a 21 week old who sounds exactly like your ds. It really isn't the norm for babies to sleep through so young, don't let people convince you otherwise wink

Igglystuffedfullofturkey Sun 05-Dec-10 17:27:46

Sorry - there's a growth spurt/developmental leap around /5/6 months with small respites in between. My DS started to sleep longer stretches randomly at 6 months, then stopped, then again at 7/8 months, then stopped then again at 9 months, then stopped...... He;s 13 months now and it's been a while since we had 2 hourly wakings unless he has trapped wind or is ill or teething.

It's worth checking his diet - is he on any solids which could cause wind or a bit harder to digest? E.g dairy, green veg, eggs, bread... Sometimes it can take a bit of time for them to get used to digesting solids so worth having a think about what he's eating.

PetiteMum Tue 07-Dec-10 13:30:13

Hm- thanks people, guess there is no fix then! fifitot- its not teething, as he wakes up pretty happy unless he is hungry! Lord- will I ever sleep again? I used to love my 8 hours!

PetiteMum Tue 07-Dec-10 13:31:04

Oh, and Iggly- I'm trying to be careful not to give him anything windy for dinner. Besides, he is kind of stuck on pears at the moment and dislikes much else!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: