Talk

Advanced search

Where would you go skiing next week?

(15 Posts)
peponi Tue 11-Apr-17 17:18:07

Can anyone help?
Going round in circles. Have cheap flights to Geneva on 15th April and looking to squeeze in a last min ski holiday. Have found reasonable accom in Tignes, Val thorens and les deux alpes. Also poss cervinia. Open to other options of self catering accom under £400
Can you recommend any for late season skiing? Haven't been to any of these resorts for more than a few days and yonks ago.
Have 3 kids-2 are confident red run skiers and will ski with us but the 4 year old will need snow on nursery slopes. Be good to have some childcare in the morning, and also stuff to do in Resort if she gets fed up
Going crazy with options...
Thank you!

swearbyit Tue 11-Apr-17 18:03:01

Possibly Tignes, as high. We're currently in portes du soleil, but stonking high temps are decimating the snow each day! Not much at all on the one nursery slope left. Plenty else to do, but go as high as you can if skiing is your priority. Hope you have a great week wherever you end up!

PossumInAPearTree Tue 11-Apr-17 18:09:39

Tignes.

Muchtoomuchtodo Tue 11-Apr-17 18:10:34

Tignes.

peponi Tue 11-Apr-17 18:42:20

Ooo replies. Thank you!
Tignes better than Val thorens??
Swearbyit hopebupo are having fun. Have heard snow in avoriaz still good.

swearbyit Tue 11-Apr-17 18:47:31

Having a great week thanks, skiing in the morning and in the outdoor pool in the afternoon sunbathing - my kind of skiing!!

peponi Tue 11-Apr-17 19:14:38

Wonderful! The best holiday

vitaminC Tue 11-Apr-17 20:08:11

Tignes apparently still has quite a lot of snow, as do La Plagne, Val d'Isère and Les Arcs.
Not sure how much there is to do for younger kids, as mine are teens, but there are definitely ESF ski schools in all those resorts.

deste Tue 11-Apr-17 20:11:08

Had a friend in Tinges last week and they had fresh snow cover on a few days through the week.

peponi Tue 11-Apr-17 21:39:44

That's great to hear. Thanks so much. Made my night!

LeftoverCrabsticks Thu 13-Apr-17 11:50:38

VT is fine too, although wouldn't want to drop much lower than the resort. That still leaves an absolutely massive area though. I went this time last year and it was fine up in VT itself. I'm off there again on Saturday too.

I also did Tignes last year but that was January and it snowed the entire time (this is not actually a good thing in my book!) Great place too - both have their plus points and I'd be happy with either!

Evalina Thu 13-Apr-17 12:05:32

We came back from Tignes on Saturday. Snow was good earlier in the week, but towards the end it was very spring snow conditions - icy in the morning and very soft from about 1pm at resort (Tignes Val Claret) level and the slopes near to the resort above.

Snow at the top was excellent, but if not a good skier was hard work to get back down later in the afternoon.

Ski school - we used Evolution2 who were excellent.

peponi Thu 13-Apr-17 17:54:48

Thanks for that. Have booked tignes. It's our 2nd ski holiday this year so any skiing is a bonus!
I've just emailed evolution 2. Not sure my 4 year old will cope with 3 hours but we'll see. Did you book before you went evalina? Did they speak good English?

Tigresswoods Thu 13-Apr-17 21:36:24

We're in Val Thorens now. It's perfect! Have skied in t-shirts but runs are open & in great condition. I'm a total convert to Spring skiing. Resort due to be open until 1/5/17. An ESF instructor confirmed to me today this would not be an issue.

Evalina Fri 14-Apr-17 08:24:12

We booked DS lessons the week before by phone, then went into the office sometime during the week to book a private lesson each for DD and I. All instructors speak fluent English yes..

Have an amazing time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now