Talk

Advanced search

what is the best thread you have read on Mn?

(13 Posts)
codswallop Fri 06-Jun-03 18:32:28

Tell us what it was and how it helped.

Iliked the different practiced around the world one recently.
Its great that there are people here from Nz, N Africa and the middle east and it fascinated me how things are different.

codswallop Fri 06-Jun-03 18:49:36

well?

meanmum Fri 06-Jun-03 18:54:07

I've read a few. I think one of the most helpful was how to deal with a child who is intent on throwing tantrums. I love the solution of a bucket of cold water to shock them. I'm saving it for when I really need it.

codswallop Fri 06-Jun-03 19:29:39

good one.

snickers Fri 06-Jun-03 20:15:04

I loved the bucket of water thing too! Laughed and laughed at that one (and have tucked it away for future use!!)

And the eating in supermarkets thread! One for the history books that

no time to talk... eastenders... bisy backson (wol)

XAusted Fri 06-Jun-03 20:21:27

I really appreciate the jokes and "funnies", eg, the things kids say threads. If I need cheering up I read them. Worries the kids tho' if you sit staring at the screen and chuckling.

whymummy Fri 06-Jun-03 20:21:58

i loved the anti tips one i really rofl,and lots of other ones that were of great help

scoobysnax Fri 06-Jun-03 20:43:42

Meanmum
My mum threw a bucket of cold water on me aged around 10, having locked me out of the kitchen. Apparently I nearly fainted with rage.
Hsving been on the receiving end I would not think of using this tactic myself!

scoobysnax Fri 06-Jun-03 20:43:42

Meanmum
My mum threw a bucket of cold water on me aged around 10, having locked me out of the kitchen. Apparently I nearly fainted with rage.
Hsving been on the receiving end I would not think of using this tactic myself!

jasper Fri 06-Jun-03 22:23:36

The one about inspiring a reluctant breastfeeder which got me through many dark days.
And the cold water thread. We tried it. It worked.

robinw Fri 06-Jun-03 22:46:31

message withdrawn

tigermoth Sat 07-Jun-03 18:32:07

robin, I think the thread you are referring to is called 'what's wrong at M and S'

I typed in 'big knickers' in search and this was one of the threads it came up with.

Haven't learned to do links yet but HTH.

robinw Sun 08-Jun-03 17:34:29

message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: