Talk

Advanced search

Tip of the day

(11 Posts)
TripleTroubleMuffin Sat 13-Jun-09 17:01:54

Please spell check it.

NorbertDentressangle Sat 13-Jun-09 17:05:12

ooh, I see what you mean -slapped wrists for whoever let that one slip through the net smile

KnickKnack Sat 13-Jun-09 19:17:48

Plus check facts...actimel type drinks are usually full of sugar and have very very little bacteria. Do more harm than good in my (professional) opinion wink

CherryChoc Sat 13-Jun-09 23:04:08

Yes, please spell/grammar check, it makes the site look unprofessional. It's different with, e.g. quote of the week which is obviously taken straight from chat.

I have no idea whether the facts need to be based on fact either but I am not really convinced by this one! How could actimel stop colic via breastmilk?

Deathworm Sat 13-Jun-09 23:09:01

Yes, that is a really dodgy tip, and would be even if spelled correctly. I'm sure there is no evidence for these products being effective in stopping colic. It is a free and misleading advert.

thumbwitch Sat 13-Jun-09 23:09:55

harsh ladies! It's also taken straight from a MNer who, in this case, can't spell viscount biscuits either grin Perhaps using quote marks would make it more obvious?

Agree about not putting up tips without checking some level of accuracy/sense, otherwise some well dodgy advice could go up there! And I also don't really see how mum taking Actimel is going to stop colic in a bf baby. It's not like the good bacteria are going to filter through into the breastmilk!

TheDevilWearsYFronts Sun 14-Jun-09 12:53:22

Why would they publish that tip? I've sent in loads (all fab and spelt correctly, natch)

HuffwardlyRudge Sun 14-Jun-09 12:59:07

I was wondering much the same thing yesterday.

CatherineMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 14-Jun-09 18:10:11

Eeek - sorry. Will take this down and find a correctly spelt better one.

Deathworm Mon 15-Jun-09 06:42:07

"your little one involved by asking them to pair socks"

"your little ones involved by asking them to pair socks"

"your little one involved by asking him or her to pair socks"

"your little ones involved by asking them to pair pronoun with noun"

(sorry, viscount, really really only joshing!grin)

HuffwardlyRudge Tue 16-Jun-09 17:41:15

lol Deathworm grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now