Talk

Advanced search

OK TECH. Enough is enough. What the buggery bollocks is going on with this damn site?

(39 Posts)
HecatesTwopenceworth Fri 12-Jun-09 17:02:41

Yet again it went off. Link appears to be broken.

This is beyond a joke I tell you. My nerves can't take it.

What the heck is going on?

Are you drunk???????

I need answers, explanation, a grovelling apology and possibly an MN patch to wear when it next goes off, just to tide me over...

LovelyRitaMeterMaid Fri 12-Jun-09 17:03:28

Mine just went off and now Active Conversations has only about 20 conversations.

Himbo Fri 12-Jun-09 17:03:35

It always seems to happen around the same time - school kids messing about???

Tamarto Fri 12-Jun-09 17:04:04

What she said, i get all confused and think my PC is broken

differentID Fri 12-Jun-09 17:04:12

pmsl- I was just about to ask the nitwit who broke MN to own up or I'd beat them up behind the bike shed!

PuppyMonkey Fri 12-Jun-09 17:04:31

I dunno, Hecate. But I agree with you, you're STIll fucking brill you are? grin

To clarify though, mine's all right. Has your computer bosted?

cocolepew Fri 12-Jun-09 17:04:34

Oh good, I hadn't broke it.

EyeballshasManBoobs Fri 12-Jun-09 17:04:56

Yeah, get yer act together, and sit up straight when I'm talking to you. This slackness has got to stop. You're letting us down, you're letting your parents down, but most of all, you're letting yourself down.

<<always wanted to say that>>

LadyOfWaffle Fri 12-Jun-09 17:05:25

I had to endure FB for about 10 mins then shock Seriously, FBing does not last 10 mins!

TheInvisibleManDidIt Fri 12-Jun-09 17:07:03

I think we should go and protest outside techs shed until it's sorted!

differentID Fri 12-Jun-09 17:07:46

<starts painting placards>

grin

PortBlacksandResident Fri 12-Jun-09 17:08:02

STOP DOING THIS TO ME

Hulababy Fri 12-Jun-09 17:08:35

I had to sit there then thinking I may have to get up and do something proper! Anyone else sit there hitting refresh?! wink

HecatesTwopenceworth Fri 12-Jun-09 17:08:48

oh, port. do you need a cuddle and a cup of tea? <holds arms out>

cocolepew Fri 12-Jun-09 17:09:28

Where has all the active convos gone??? [whines]

PortBlacksandResident Fri 12-Jun-09 17:09:52

<nods repeatedly>
I do Hecate, I do.

differentID Fri 12-Jun-09 17:10:19

<nurses damaged index finger>

of course not hulababywink

Furball Fri 12-Jun-09 17:12:54

I'll join your protest. Stop trying to change new things when you haven't fixed other stuff first!

Northernlurker Fri 12-Jun-09 17:14:16

I've got ooodles of kids round here, my head hurts , my husband won't be back till 8pm (yes he knows the house is full of kids), I've just cooked the sweetcorn to perfection but forgotten to cook the chicken, my parents are coming to stay tommorrow and I can't find any socks SO when I log on to mnet for a couple of minutes peaceful reflection and find that the rest of the internet is whizzing along but mnet cannot find it's server I WANT TO CRY!

I had to go and read Babyrazzi! Discovering that Hugh Hefner's former girlfriend and her football playing boyf are expecting their first baby on Christmas Day. Also Jennifer Garner has picked Violet up from school AGAIN.

PortBlacksandResident Fri 12-Jun-09 17:16:50

Northern - you think you've got problems. My next port of call is 'The Megalithic Portal'.

MerlinsBeard Fri 12-Jun-09 17:18:30

Oooo i thought it was my laptop!!

SammyK Fri 12-Jun-09 17:21:28

I take it MN has been down again then? I have been outside shock so hadn't noticed. grin

Am getting really annoyed at clicking on a thread and then waiting 5 mins tho. hmm

HecatesTwopenceworth Fri 12-Jun-09 17:35:05

you went outside? What's that like then? grin

There's a sign at my front door "here be dragons" grin

GeraldineMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 12-Jun-09 17:35:22

BigTech has escaped the shed and taken his annual day off. NikitaTech got it working again and so deserves a day off. Apologies all round.

EyeballshasManBoobs, my fave variation of that is 'what did the inflatable headmaster of the inflatable school say to the inflatable boy with a pin? A: You've let me down, you've let the school down, but most of all you've let yourself down. <boom, boom>

EyeballshasManBoobs Fri 12-Jun-09 17:36:48

<<grooooooooooan>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now