Talk

Advanced search

MNHQ Posting on FB

(9 Posts)
IwannaSnorlax Sun 21-Aug-16 01:36:06

Until the thread about the broken toy, I didn't realise that MNHQ put things on FB (even when posters are worried about being outed). I know the Daily Mail will pick up threads, but you can usually tell if it's a DM type story & therefore not post, but for those rather more mundane threads, I wouldn't have worried.

Can I request that I'm never included on FB by MNHQ? Or is my only option not to post on threads anymore?

SoupDragon Sun 21-Aug-16 11:59:23

is my only option not to post on threads anymore?

This.

SoupDragon Sun 21-Aug-16 11:59:45

Or you can keep name changing.

OiWithThePoodlesAlready Sun 21-Aug-16 12:01:23

Once you post on here what you say can be read by absaloutly anyone and mumsnet can do whatever they want with it. It's always been the way.

IwannaSnorlax Sun 21-Aug-16 12:21:42

I know that's true Oi, but I've not seen so much put on FB before & certainly not when a poster starting a thread has said they're worried about being outed IRL.

I do name change quite regularly anyway, but think I'll just lurk from now on (other than regarding Pokemon & Telly Addicts!)

Queenbean Sun 21-Aug-16 12:25:59

It's fine to post, just never do so with any identifying details / frequently name change

I personally always change small details about myself when posting anyway

Palomb Sun 21-Aug-16 12:28:26

I'm amazed anyone posts anything remotely personal on here any more.

SoupDragon Sun 21-Aug-16 13:03:57

...not when a poster starting a thread has said they're worried about being outed IRL.

To be honest, if you are worried about a post outing you in real life you should either not post it or change it to a one-use-only name. It isn't MNHQ's fault if you are subsequently outed.

NeedACleverNN Sun 21-Aug-16 13:10:06

Unless you like the FB page, it won't randomly appear on FB in general

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now