Talk

Advanced search

So apparently now we can't even say we don't believe part of a story?

(4 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

MaddyHatter Sun 24-Apr-16 20:33:19

Without being deleted for Troll hunting?

Its is NOT troll hunting to say you don't believe part of someones story, especially when it concerns the behaviour of the uniformed services.

I did NOT say i didn't believe the thread, i said i didn't believe something she said had happened.

The deletions policy around here is really getting fucking ridiculous.

Post on mumsnet, you can say ANYTHING and remain unchallenged!

IonaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 24-Apr-16 20:56:12

Hi there MaddyHatter. We're sorry we've obviously annoyed you with this.

We have to say though that the post we deleted did sound a bit like troll hunting. Saying you don't believe part of the story sort of does imply the OP was making it up, and the post was reported by other posters who had inferred this, too, so we felt deleting it was the right thing to do and the thread didn't really gain anything from the addition of someone saying they didn't believe the OP.

The other problem is that this sort of comment also tends to invite others either disagreeing and starting a bunfight or saying they agree and think the OP is a troll, which is exactly what happened here, so while we can see that you weren't setting out to break rules or anything, we do think it's best to zap these comments as they are reported.

Maryz Sun 24-Apr-16 21:02:05

Does that mean we can never say "I simply don't believe you gave birth to a puppy" if the op insists she did?

I have to say, a reasoned "hang on a sec, are you really saying that where you live the grass is blue" isn't troll-hunting. It's pointing out that grass isn't, generally, blue. Of course if the op is talking about astroturf and it is in fact blue, can't she just say so instead of reporting.

It's getting a bit silly.

And as for the bunfight result - I think you are going to have to consider a policy of banning troll-hunter-hunting, as the slightest query of an op these days brings out a dozen "how dare you, you nasty troll-hunter you" which completely derails the thread.

GooseberryRoolz Tue 26-Apr-16 22:53:43

I don't believe that OP doesn't believe it <runs>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now