We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

User.....

(6 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

user1457463696 Tue 08-Mar-16 20:46:58

After lurking for some time I have plucked up the courage to join in. I have a username but can't seem to change it, when I go to settings it is greyed out. Any ideas?

MoonlightandMusic Tue 08-Mar-16 22:16:05

You need to click on "My Mumsnet" at the top right of this page, and then on "My Account".
Type your new name in the Username box and then input your password at the bottom of the page and click the "Save Changes" button - et voila!

user1457463696 Wed 09-Mar-16 05:44:43

Thank you...... that's what I tried, but the "username" box is greyed out and I can't type in it or delete the "user145....etc"
Hey ho - maybe there's something wrong with the site today, I'll try later

MoonlightandMusic Wed 09-Mar-16 21:00:11

Oh, that's definitely strange - might be worth reporting this thread to MNHQ and asking them to check your account set up.

user1457463696 Thu 10-Mar-16 06:00:05

Thanks Moonlight
Just tried changing my name again and it's still greyed out. I suppose I can live with being called "user......." ! Everything else seems to be working ok

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 10-Mar-16 20:57:06

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble changing your name. Can we ask which device you're using and which version of the site?

If you drop us a line at contactus@mumsnet.com we should be able to sort things for you.

Welcome to the site, by the way. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now