Talk

Advanced search

Can't get app to open certain threads

(14 Posts)
WottaMess Mon 08-Jun-15 14:51:45

I am getting booted out of the app when I try and access some of the threads. Most annoyingly my post natal group in threads I'm on. It's there if I go online via safari but not through the app.

Am on iPhone 6 iOS 8.3

BeyondDoesBootcamp Mon 08-Jun-15 14:55:49

Don't know if it's related, but I'm having the opposite. Threads will not load on Safari (iPad), but working fine on the app (iPhone)

cozietoesie Mon 08-Jun-15 14:57:51

Seems to be fine on mine on the ipad - also 8.3.

I'd have to recommend sticking pins in a wax effigy of the App, Wotta. That approach seems the best one when it's playing up.

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 08-Jun-15 17:40:27

Hi WottaMess,

Really sorry if the app's booting you out like this. Can we just ask, are the threads you're having trouble with especially long ones?

wigglesrock Mon 08-Jun-15 19:40:31

This happens to me periodically too, I think I cried a bit when it wouldn't let me access the Walking Dead thread in Telly Addicts which I'd already posted on.

WottaMess Mon 08-Jun-15 20:22:48

216 messages so largish but not massive?

cozietoesie Mon 08-Jun-15 20:49:57

I can open that thread without difficulty, Wotta.

<adds 'sporadic laziness' to the current App's burgeoning list of failings>

WottaMess Tue 09-Jun-15 08:53:33

Still doing it to me. Can open others fine. Have closed and reopened app but makes no difference. It's been 3 days now! Bizarre.

Kleptronic Tue 09-Jun-15 08:57:04

This always happens when someone puts an odd character in. I don't know if the encoding's different or if it's a rogue smiley because I am too lazy to debug it. grin

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 10-Jun-15 17:22:11

Hi Wotta - would you be able to give us the titles of the threads you're having trouble with? Or does it vary?

WottaMess Thu 11-Jun-15 07:45:20

I get it occasionally but suddenly constant trouble at present with post natal group March 2013 - packing up our troubles and getting excited about the new babies

Started at posts just after 200 I think...

WottaMess Sun 14-Jun-15 09:40:46

And now I'm in! grin

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 14-Jun-15 10:47:58

Glad to hear it! smile

Kleptronic Tue 23-Jun-15 22:36:28

Ok so it just happened on this threadand now I know why - in this case it's an opening angled bracket followed by a lowercase i, which as we all know is start of the HTML tag for italics. Well, the app on iphone 6 Does Not Likey and bombs out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now