Talk

Advanced search

QE boys in Barnet - private minibuses?

(16 Posts)
Secondarydilemma Mon 22-Feb-21 22:03:09

DS got a good score at his QE test (above cut off), and we are currently trying to look at pros and cons of different schools. When he did the test there was a minibus company handing out leaflets for private minibuses transporting boys from grouped areas if you were not on the school’s coach routes.
I didn’t take one as didn’t have an earthly he would do so well. Does anyone know who the company is? Thanks v much!

OP’s posts: |
New21 Mon 22-Feb-21 23:30:03

I am afraid I don't know although I saw the minibus company you mentioned. I know there are school coaches and the information is on the school website. Have you had a look?

Secondarydilemma Tue 23-Feb-21 07:10:41

Yes thanks I did - but the coach routes don’t go through our area (although irritatingly not far away!). I think the private company is entirely separate to school so wouldn’t be on their website. Not having any luck with googling!

CaravaggioLover Tue 23-Feb-21 07:37:50

Whereabouts do you live OP?

Secondarydilemma Tue 23-Feb-21 07:55:28

Aldenham area

Secondarydilemma Tue 23-Feb-21 07:57:33

Could drive him to a stop in bushey but for the first year at least I’d prefer him to be able to go door to door - which is why it would be great to be able to find the name of the company!

New21 Tue 23-Feb-21 09:14:22

OP do you plan to pick your DS up after school? I may need to do that if DS stays for after school activities, I think there is only one coach which leaves at school finishing time. Am hoping that we can find someone to share lifts or taxi if necessary.

Secondarydilemma Tue 23-Feb-21 10:32:28

I was rather hoping that he could get the minibus there and back. How are you planning on him getting there?

User27aw Tue 23-Feb-21 10:35:26

I would ask the school. I know it is a private minibus but you would think the school would still have to know the name of the companies transporting their students into school.

Secondarydilemma Tue 23-Feb-21 10:42:32

I have asked them but I think they are operating on a skeleton staff at the moment - fingers crossed they reply!

CaravaggioLover Tue 23-Feb-21 14:06:40

Schools have no involvement with outside minibus operators. So many of these companies are badly run with drivers not DBS cleared etc. It's not the school's fault. OP your ds is better off making his own way to school.

CaravaggioLover Tue 23-Feb-21 14:07:28

Aldenham isn't too far from high barnet surely?

Secondarydilemma Tue 23-Feb-21 14:53:40

No, but it’s not the easiest journey and I work so he’d have to navigate it alone. For the first year I would prefer that not to be the case

mellicauli Tue 23-Feb-21 23:07:15

Hearn's is the official QE Watford coach - 020 8954 5444
They might make a bit of a detour if it's not far so worth contacting them.
My son is now Y12. Many of his friends made complicated journey in Y7 in all directions. Rest assured, someone will be going your son's way. Have a look around the parents lists they send out and you'll find someone round your way. Also worth putting a note on 11+ Forum to try and find people.

We sorted out a liftshare still going 5 years later with another local family,

Secondarydilemma Wed 24-Feb-21 00:12:29

Thank you @mellicauli, I will contact them. Can I ask if you have been happy with the school?

mellicauli Thu 25-Feb-21 22:21:28

First couple of years were tough: it’s a big step up for the boys, high expectations, teenage hormones. But the teachers are fantastic and there are so many opportunities. The high quality of education they give leaves all the boys with so many choices for the future.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in