Talk

Advanced search

Waiting list

(4 Posts)
13lucky Sun 05-Mar-17 21:58:11

If we accept the place we have been offered and also put dd's name on the waiting list of another school...if we are offered a place from the waiting list of 2nd school, will this in any way jeopardise the place we have already accepted, ie can we change our mind when offered the place from the waiting list and deny it and keep the place we have already accepted. I know this sounds very bizarre and peculiar but the scenario is this: dd has been offered first choice school (fab!) but Sept 2017 is the first year that the school is opening a new annex in a town we are unable to get her to. The school won't be confirming which site each child has been allocated until after the closing date for getting name onto waiting list of other schools. So I'm wondering about putting her name on waiting list of 2nd choice just in case she gets allocated the site we don't want at 1st choice. But don't want to jeopardise her place at the school we are accepting in any way. Many thanks.

prh47bridge Sun 05-Mar-17 23:41:42

It shouldn't and in most LAs it definitely won't.

A handful of LAs automatically assume you will accept the offer from the waiting list and remove the place you have already accepted. However, this is a clear breach of the Admissions Code. I would expect any parent aggrieved by this to get the original place reinstated on appeal without any problems.

tiggytape Mon 06-Mar-17 12:43:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

13lucky Tue 07-Mar-17 21:22:38

Thank you prh and tiggytape. I just don't want to get anything wrong now we've got this far!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: