Talk

Advanced search

Eng Lit GCSE resits, summer 2016- same texts as Summer 2015?

(9 Posts)
Draylon Fri 17-Jul-15 14:14:41

If your DC fail or get too low a mark for their GCSE Eng Lit thus resit the following summer, presumably they're examined on teh same texts again?

Is that so?

Need to know if I can safely dispose of DS1's study notes and guides! Been all over the shop, might get an 'A', might get a 'D'. Just don't know!

Katnisnevergreen Fri 17-Jul-15 16:02:36

Not necessarily, it depends on what is on the exam board spec. E.g one of my students retook an as paper and had to learn 2 new plays as the spec had changed for the year below. I would wait and see smile

noblegiraffe Fri 17-Jul-15 17:08:39

The resits for English are in November 2015 and would be the same spec as June 2015. If they fail the November resit, they would need to take the exam in June 2016 which will be whatever spec those who will be in Y11 next year are taking.

noblegiraffe Fri 17-Jul-15 17:09:46

Sorry, I misread. There are no English lit resits in November. But why would your DC be resitting next year?

Draylon Fri 17-Jul-15 18:10:07

Ah, I honestly thought Gove had phased out resits halfway through the year! In his 'winner-takes-all' educational utopia...

OK, I shall hang onto the books.

Why would my DC be resitting? To -um- pass it? As stated, he has had an 'all over the shop' Y11. He is perfectly capable, predicted As in the mathsy-scienc-y 6; and Bs in the English/humanities 4.

But you then have to actually revise properly, regularly and in a structured manner to get those predicteds.

DS.. didn't. See my posts on the 'Teenagers aren't so bad' thread in Chat!

Thanks for the input, all.

noblegiraffe Fri 17-Jul-15 18:31:17

It would be very unusual for a child to resit English Literature (not English) in Y12. Would you be paying for private entry and hiring a tutor?

HmmAnOxfordComma Sat 18-Jul-15 09:10:13

Yeah, it's Eng Lang they have to resit if it's below a C, not Lit...

Draylon Sat 18-Jul-15 18:36:22

Thanks, all.

Happy36 Mon 20-Jul-15 01:58:40

Depends on exam. board and the school's chosen texts for 2015...some will still be set texts in 2016 and others won't.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now