Talk

Advanced search

Buying materials for school

(6 Posts)
AdoraBell Thu 07-May-15 21:30:15

Do you generally find you are expected to buy loads of materials, art for example, for your DCs at state seconaderies?

We're about To return from overseas. It feels like a never ending list of requirements here. wondering if I'll get away from it when we move.

TÍA

ragged Thu 07-May-15 21:40:50

yr10 DS: In last year... £9 for revision guides I'm sure he's never cracked open. £12 for some graphics software. Am probably supposed to buy other stuff but he never remembers.

yr8DD: Maybe £1 month on catering materials and £2/month on writing pens or A3 paper or special materials for little models. She wants to do GCSE art, I assume we'll buy a fair few things for that.

AdoraBell Thu 07-May-15 22:27:11

Thank you ragged

ragged Fri 08-May-15 10:33:27

little models have been things like history or geography projects, btw. She wanted to do a scrapbook in 1890s style so I was suckered into spending £12 on a book of black paper.

£300+ for yr7-starter uniform & calculator. That's not to sneeze at.

AdoraBell Fri 08-May-15 11:21:55

I realise uniformes are moré than here, what's driving me nuts though is a constante buying of extra ítems. It's happening almost weekly and the latest is "the instrumentos we ordered haven't arrived, your DC needs to bring an electric guitarra.

T'is driving me round the bend.

TeenAndTween Fri 08-May-15 12:48:57

DD just about to finish y11:

- art folder and bits when she started ?£20
- random ingredients for food Tech y7-9
- revision guides y1/y11
- a few files

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now