loader

Talk

Advanced search

Holidaaaaays!

(12 Posts)
LindyHemming Fri 01-Jul-16 17:47:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WankersHacksandThieves Fri 01-Jul-16 19:43:17

^ weeks? We are half a day shy of 8 this year.

WankersHacksandThieves Fri 01-Jul-16 19:43:43

6 weeks?

Iggi999 Fri 01-Jul-16 19:45:29

Today it has rained lightly, sun has shone, and there's been a downpour. Scottish summer in miniature.

fuckweasel Fri 01-Jul-16 20:02:36

I've spent the first day of the holidays recovering from the end of term celebrations yesterday. Ouch.

hidingwithwine Fri 01-Jul-16 21:14:24

Thank God it's finally the end of term. That's been the hardest session of my life. Now some time to get my head straight and have some time to think!

giggly Fri 01-Jul-16 21:21:36

Great for teachers everywhere. Shite for the rest of us who get 6 weeks for the WHOLE year. I'm off to have a WHOLE 1 weeks holiday with my dc.

hidingwithwine Fri 01-Jul-16 21:23:54

Yeah I'll be dealing with my own 3 dcs, my recently bereaved mother and my newly diagnosed with cancer FIL. Thank god I chose teacher training all those decades ago, eh?!

WankersHacksandThieves Fri 01-Jul-16 21:33:46

I don't grudge anyone their holidays - I wish I had them too but i could not face every day with a classroom of kids, either they or I would be in hospital.

It's hard especially when children are little, to find (and fund) childcare for the holidays though. Actually, i think the worst part was when they were just too old for childcare but equally too young to spend all day every day at home by themselves - I'm just getting out of that point now. I do think though that the break does everyone a bit of good. I particularly enjoy all the clubs etc in the evening being finished. I love that they go to all these things but having to be out driving here there and everywhere most evenings after a full days work gets tiring. I also enjoy no packed lunches and no school run to and from school everyday as we have no decent public transport.

I might be working but it sort of feels like a holiday.

Iggi999 Fri 01-Jul-16 21:49:02

Here you go Giggly
www.teachinscotland.org/

Cheerfullygo4 Sun 10-Jul-16 20:18:12

Wrong career choice then Giggly?

morningtoncrescent62 Mon 11-Jul-16 06:30:28

I don't grudge anyone their holidays - I wish I had them too but i could not face every day with a classroom of kids, either they or I would be in hospital.

That's pretty much how I feel. A belated happy holidays and lots of wine to all teachers in Scotland.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now