Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

picking up from Rhianna concert at Hampden tomorrow night

(10 Posts)
bellabunny Sun 26-Jun-16 18:21:44

My DD is going to the concert wth her friends tomorrow getting the train through from Edinburgh in the afternoon.

. I'm driving through to collect them at the end and haven't got a clue where to arrange to meet them.

Somewhere within walking distance of the stadium but away from the hoards of people!! ( if such a place exists!!) would be good

Any suggestions ? Thanks

chipsandpeas Sun 26-Jun-16 18:26:44

theres an asda across from the stadium

sequinsandwich Sun 26-Jun-16 18:28:19

I would park in Asda and text them where your car is. I'm not sure how strictly they monitor the car park use during event times though.

bellabunny Sun 26-Jun-16 19:21:36

Perfect thanks

Rangirl Sun 26-Jun-16 21:09:06

I wouldn't park ion Asda as I am sure I heard it took an hour to get out of the car park after Springsteen
Which end of Hampden

WaverleyOwl Sun 26-Jun-16 21:10:47

Let me check with my friend. She lives around there and knows the issues...

McNo Sun 26-Jun-16 21:15:06

Don't park at Asda it took us two hours to get out of the car park after watching Robbie Williams a few years ago

Sorry don't know of any other places as that was my first time at Hampden

AgentProvocateur Sun 26-Jun-16 21:19:36

I think it would be easier to meet them in Battlefield Road somewhere. You will get parked in s nearby street and can walk to meet them there, and you'll get into the M77/M8 easily.

WaverleyOwl Sun 26-Jun-16 21:26:57

My friend suggested Asda too, but conceded that it might be a nightmare to get out as the police turn the traffic lights off to control the traffic. I guess it depends on how easily you can meet up with your daughter. Asda is easy.

sequinsandwich Sun 26-Jun-16 22:05:35

Parking is very difficult in all the nearby streets during concert time. Your unlikely to get a space. What about parking anywhere you can find and meeting them outside the train station or hospital?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now