Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Feel weird- My life is hurtling along at 100Mph.

(13 Posts)
tiredemma Sun 21-Jun-09 20:05:28

I feel so strange, bit disassociated from things (not sure why this is in relationships)

I finish my Nursing degree in four weeks,I have been studying for the past five years to get to here.
I start my new job (newly qualified nurse ) first week in september, have managed to secure an amazing job in an area of mental health care that I really want to work.

I cant describe how I feel though, its so odd- it like im looking in from the outside if that makes sense?
We (DP and I) have been making plans to move to a better area, with better schools- bigger house etc- but even now, it doesnt feel 'real'

I dont even know why im posting this here, not quite sure what I expect your responses to be.
I feel like none of this is really happening.

rubyslippers Sun 21-Jun-09 20:06:29

isn't it fab when things work out - sometimes it can be hard to believe

smile

tiredemma Sun 21-Jun-09 20:10:39

but I feel that I should be more 'happy' about it all- I dont, Im not feeling anything. Its so hard to describe.

rubyslippers Sun 21-Jun-09 20:13:33

it is the end of a hard slog - and your job deosn't start until September, so a while off

i think it is normal

i felt a bit like that when i handed my dissertation in ... all those months of work and then ... well not a lot!

DwayneDibbley Sun 21-Jun-09 20:15:17

Message withdrawn

tiredemma Sun 21-Jun-09 20:15:37

so you think im normal? I was worried that I was probably subconciously wishing Ihad never started my degree!!

I need to get a grip!

rubyslippers Sun 21-Jun-09 20:16:32

very normal smile

congrats on this new phase of your life

AmpleBosom Sun 21-Jun-09 20:16:35

Congratulations, i felt a bit the same when i finished my nursing degree. You sort of wait for it to end and when it does it's like rubyslippers says...not a lot happens grin

tiredemma Sun 21-Jun-09 20:17:23

Dwyne- anti-climax is the right word I think, I only applied for one job and got it straight away- I thought "it cant be that easy? Five years of SLOGGING and its that easy????

Doodle2u Sun 21-Jun-09 20:17:28

Do you feel kinda flat and not really in the moment?

If so, I don't have an answer but I'll tell you - you're not the only one!

DwayneDibbley Sun 21-Jun-09 20:19:01

Message withdrawn

tiredemma Sun 21-Jun-09 20:22:05

Oh I need to relax then, I thought I was losing my mind.

Thnaks ladies x

ToughDaddy Tue 23-Jun-09 20:03:50

Congrats and enjoy it. Someone said the longer you live the faster time flies or something like that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now